Construction Traffic Management Plans
South Downs Safety have considerable experience preparing Construction Traffic Management Plans
For developments within various London Boroughs, including The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, The City of Westminster, Camden, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Lewisham, Waltham Forest and Redbridge.
Planning Conditions state:
No development shall take place, including any works of demolition, until a Construction Management Plan has been submitted to, and approved in writing by, the local planning authority. The approved Plan shall be adhered to throughout the construction period.
The Plan shall provide for:
- the parking of vehicles of site operatives and visitors
- loading and unloading of plant and materials
- storage of plant and materials used in constructing the development
- the erection and maintenance of security hoarding including decorative displays and facilities for public viewing, where appropriate
- wheel washing facilities
- measures to control the emission of dust and dirt during construction
- a scheme for recycling/disposing of waste resulting from demolition and construction works
Reason: In the interests of highway and pedestrian safety and to preserve the amenity of the area in accordance with the relevant London Borough’s Code of Construction Conduct.
At South Downs Safety we invest the time to fully understand each project, this helps us to ensure that our Construction Traffic Management Plans fulfil all the local authorities planning requirements, avoiding delays to your programme due to rejection of the plan or requests for additional information.